If you are a bonafide gambler, then you almost certainly have had some interaction with the casino cage. The cage is a common casino term that is used to refer to the casino cashier. It is sometimes also referred to as a cash cage. The main purpose of a cash cage is to provide gamblers with a physical location where cash can be exchanged for chips while they play. The cage is also where bettors can cash in their chips for money when they are finished with their gaming session.
Certain states where gambling is legal to require licensed and regulated online casinos and online sports betting operators to partner with licensed brick and mortar casinos in the state.
Although this may sound complicated, these one-of-a-kind partnerships allow players to use the cashier services at the land-based casino cages to deposit and withdraw cash in and out of their accounts. What’s so great about this unique arrangement is that it is entirely legal even though no banks or payment processors are involved in the transactions. Best of all, many New Jersey online casinos offer cage withdrawals.
Cash-at-casino-cage payment option is preferred by many NJ bettors because this is a secure, private, relatively fast process with no third parties involved. This means that you won’t ever have to deal with any banks, e-wallets, or credit card providers when you choose this option.
How can you access your cash at the casino cage?
New Jersey bettors are required to visit an Atlantic City casino in order to deposit or withdraw their funds to/from bank accounts. In New Jersey, casinos have a minimum age requirement of 21 (primarily because alcohol is served on-premise) and bettors must also physically be present at the cage for the transaction to be processed.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can access your money at the casino cage:
Initiate the process
You can easily withdraw cash from your NJ casino but you have to initiate the process from your online account on the cashier section of the respective NJ online casino where you are currently playing.
After your request has been reviewed and approved, you may then visit the brick and mortar casino in Atlantic City to pick up your funds. The steps you have to follow to complete your withdrawal include:
Wait for your request to be reviewed
Begin the cage withdrawal process online so you can initiate the approval process. During this stage, you will enter the amount of money you intend to withdraw. The funds you request will be removed from your available online balance, usually pending a review from the NJ casino’s customer service team.
The good news with cage withdrawals is that most New Jersey casinos, at least the best ones (e.g: Borgata, BetMGM, PartyCasino, 888 Casino, William Hill, Caesars, SugarHouse Casino, Golden Nugget, Tropicana and Virgin Casino) try to attend to cage withdrawal requests as soon as possible to ensure a fast turnaround. You can be sure your request will be put into consideration soon after you submit it.
Go get your money
When your request is approved, a brick and mortar casino’s customer service team member will get in touch with you via email and/or phone to inform you that your funds are available for you to collect in person. If any documents or additional information are needed to complete the transaction, the customer service team will inform you of this in the email. You will also be notified and supplied with an approval email that includes a payment ID number.
Make sure you carry the email, whether printed or displayed on your phone, alongside a valid government-issued ID so that you can receive your cash. If you want to avoid problems during collection, make sure that you have received confirmation from the casino before heading to the floor to pick up your funds.
These rules also apply to all legally authorized sportsbooks in New Jersey, including 888 sportsbook, William Hill Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, Borgata Online Sportsbook, Hard Rock Sportsbook, BetMGM Sportsbook, PointsBet Sportsbook, FoxBet Sportsbook, and FanDuel Sportsbook.
Advantages of cage withdrawals
- The best part about a cage withdrawal is that the cage typically does not charge any fees for withdrawals or deposits. If you want to avoid those pesky NJ casino fees and don’t mind the hassle that comes with having to go to the casino in person, then this may be the preferred method for you.
- When your withdrawal request has been approved, you will have a limited period (usually 14 days in many casinos) to collect your funds. If you don’t make it within the specified period your request will be rejected and the funds will be re-credited to your online account balance.
- Cage withdrawals always have customer support. If you have any concerns or questions regarding the process, you can easily contact the casino support team and you will be given quick answers to your queries.
- Cash at cage withdrawals is readily available for all players as long as gambling is legal in New Jersey.
- You can withdraw your winnings anytime, 24/7. Best of all, cash at cage withdrawals enjoy high deposit and withdrawal limits of up to $100,000.
- You don’t have to worry about paying any fees for deposits or withdrawals. You also never have to worry that your gambling activity will be reflected in your credit card or bank statements–an important factor for anyone who wants to keep their gambling under wraps.
Disadvantages of cage withdrawals
- Be wary of casinos that impose a withdrawal limit but only on your first withdrawal. It is always a good idea to talk to your casino beforehand to find out if there are any such restrictions in place for first-timers.
- Depending on how busy you find the cage, you might have to wait in line before you can receive your cash.
- Cage withdrawals are only available to legal players in the U.S where online gambling is legal.
- Perhaps the biggest drawback of using cage withdrawals is the time commitment one needs to make to visit the land-based casino. This might be a problem for a busy professional or for someone who lives far away.
Final Thoughts on Cash-at-Cage Withdrawals in New Jersey
For NJ sports bettors who prefer to visit a brick and mortar casino, withdrawing cash at the cage is a convenient solution for both deposits and withdrawals. The great part about cash at the cage is that all banking withdrawals conducted through this system are typically guaranteed, and secure since everything is done within the cage itself.
Depositing and withdrawing funds from your account using this method is easy. The best thing about cage withdrawals is that you can withdraw any amount that you want, as long as you have the funds you intend to withdraw readily available in your account. If that’s not convenient for you, what is?
Check out some other withdrawal methods available for online casinos in NJ: