Over the years, smart NJ online casino players have shown a particular preference for e-wallets because they enable highly secure and almost instant deposits. Typically, you can expect deposits to hit your New Jersey casino account on the same day, or at least within 24 hours. Of all the digital wallet services catering to the NJ online casino world, PayPal has proved itself a player-favorite — and it’s easy to see why.
With an account base of over 200-million strong, PayPal stands out as one of the most established and trusted online payment systems, making it a great choice for those who want to ditch old-school money orders, bank wires, and checks. Like most e-wallets, it allows you to move your money to/from gambling sites without having to share your sensitive banking details and personal information.
The popularity of PayPal among players is partly propelled by its consumer protection measures and stringent policies for gambling institutions. It imposes strict limitations when it comes to processing payments to gambling sites and only allows deposits to prominent and reputable New Jersey online casinos with valid licenses. For that reason, any NJ casino site with PayPal’s seal of approval for deposits is, without a doubt, trustworthy.
If you want to make hassle-free deposits and blazing-fast withdrawals with extra peace of mind, PayPal is your best bet. Happily, there are hundreds of reputable New Jersey online casinos that accept PayPal deposits, so you can choose the right site for you and deposit with confidence.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is one of those names that require little or no introduction. It’s a highly popular digital wallet service that provides account holders with a secure and fast means to make global payments and transfer money online. It also allows users to receive money from friends and family, as well as payments for services and goods.
PayPal was originally founded in 1998 as Confinity by the trio of Luke Nosek, Peter Thiel, and Max Levchin. Confinity later merged with Elon Musk’s X.com to form PayPal, a company that went public in early 2002, and later in that same year was bought by eBay for a whopping $1.5 billion. PayPal operated as a wholly-owned subsidiary of eBay until 2015 when it was spun off. It’s now an independent Fortune 500 company that rakes in roughly $17 billion in annual revenue.
History aside, PayPal has become a darling of online NJ casinos and players alike. Despite its stringent rules, it’s a convenient way to fund your gambling account at an array of NJ online casinos. These websites allow registered gamblers to use their personal PayPal accounts to deposit instantly, dodging issues that sometimes plague other payment methods. Business PayPal accounts are usually a no-go.
PayPal acts like a virtual checking account you can use for online transactions. As a member, you can transfer money into your PayPal account via credit card, debit card, or bank transfer, and then use the balance to fund your gambling account. You can also link one or several credit cards to your PayPal account, so you can deposit at an online NJ casino without sharing your sensitive info.
It’s important to note that, although PayPal claims to be a worldwide digital payment service, it doesn’t actually offer its service in all countries. And, even if it is available in your jurisdiction, it may not necessarily process your deposit transactions into New Jersey online casinos. Be sure to check with both PayPal and the gambling site to ascertain if you are indeed eligible for PayPal deposits.
How PayPal Works for NJ Online Casinos
PayPal works much like a personal checking account in that you can send and receive money from other account holders, plus pay for shopping, bills, and make other payment transactions. It can also be linked to a valid credit card, in which case you can choose to pull money directly from the credit card or use your PayPal balance. Moreover, your PayPal account can be funded through bank wire, debit card, or, of course, credit card. From here, you can use the funds to make real money deposits to NJ online casinos of your choosing, as long as they accept PayPal as a payment method.
Signing up for a PayPal account is free, easy, and will take only a couple of minutes. Let’s take you through these simple steps:
- Step 1: Head over to the PayPal website (paypal.com). You will likely be redirected to the local version of the site. From here, just click the blue “Sign Up” button, and you will be asked to pick which type of account you want to set up: “Business Account” or “Personal Account”. If you’re planning to use your PayPal account for online NJ casino deposits/withdrawals, you should click the latter, and you will be taken to the respective registration form.
- Step 2: Enter personal details. You’ll be prompted to provide your full name, email address, and pick a password. When you’re done, click the “Next” button at the bottom of the form.
- Step 3: Enter your contact information. On the next page, enter your phone number and physical address, and then agree to the Terms and Conditions before continuing. At this point, you may be required to verify your email address before you can proceed.
- Step 4: Funding your new PayPal account. Once you’ve verified your identity and contact info, you can now access your newly created PayPal account. The next few steps will be dedicated to adding your credit card, debit card, or bank account details.
Once you have verified your card and banking details (it should take no more than two days), the limits on your account will be removed and you will be ready to transfer money into your New Jersey casino wallets. It’s that easy and fuss-free.
How to Make PayPal Deposits
Most NJ casino sites welcome new customers with bumper sign-up offers that often include a no-deposit bonus. That means you can take slots, video poker, and even table games for a spin without having to deposit a dime, so you can get a feel for the online New Jersey casino and its games library at no risk to yourself. When you have finished your free spins and no-deposit bonus cash, you can fund your gambling wallet via PayPal.
Making PayPal deposits is a straightforward process that will take you a few moments. You can do so using any connected PC, tablet, or mobile device; the depositing experience is the same but the precise procedure can vary a bit from one gambling site to another. Here are the most common steps you are likely to perform:
1) Make sure your PayPal account is adequately funded: You must be aware of the minimum deposit amount set by the New Jersey casino, which is mostly $10/$20 (or an equivalent amount in other currencies). See to it that your PayPal balance reads more than this figure. However, you won’t have to worry about the balance if you’ve added a bank account because PayPal will draw the difference from it.
To add a bank account to your PayPal profile, go to Wallet right at the top bar and click on the “Link a bank” banner to start the process. You’ll need to enter your bank account details (bank name, account type, account number, and the routing number). With your bank account listed, you can then move money to your PayPal Wallet from your bank in a jiffy. Sure, as a PayPal customer, you can add debit or credit cards to your profile but most gambling sites often don’t accept PayPal deposits funded this way.
2) Go to the NJ Casino Cashier’s section: This part may be slightly different depending on the New Jersey casino. Some sites call this section ‘Banking’, but ‘Cashier’ is more common. From here, select PayPal from the list of available deposit options.
3) Enter the amount you want to deposit: At this juncture, you should be about to complete your part of the process. All you have to do is enter the amount of money you are planning to transfer from your PayPal account to your NJ casino wallet. Follow additional instructions, if any, as prompted to you.
4) Claim your deposit bonus: Most deposits, especially your first three, attract a percentage bonus. To claim it, you usually have to enter the bonus code (hint: we provide bonus coupons or codes, so be sure to check out our online New Jersey casino reviews).
That’s it. Just wait for the deposit to be processed before you start trying your luck. You may have to wait up to 24 hours for the funds to appear in your online NJ casino wallet. Most PayPal deposits are reflected almost instantly and at no extra charge.
How to Withdraw from an NJ Online Casino to PayPal
Like deposits, PayPal withdrawals are easy and often free to make. However, you need to remember that most gambling sites have an anti-money laundering policy in which withdrawals must be made via the same payment method used to make the deposit. In short, you can’t request a cashout via PayPal if you made a deposit using a credit card, bank transfer, or another payment method.
To move money from your online gambling account to your PayPal wallet, follow the steps detailed below:
1) Verify your withdrawal eligibility: Many circumstances can prevent you from making a withdrawal from the NJ casino. For most new customers, your identity must be verified before you can even try to request a cashout. The other notable reason is that you may not have cleared all your bonus wagering requirements.
2) Visit the Cashier’s section: When you are sure there are no barriers to your withdrawal, you can visit the Cashier or Banking section. From here, click on the PayPal logo and choose it as your method for withdrawal.
3) Enter the amount you wish to withdraw: When you choose PayPal as your preferred withdrawal payment method, select the amount of your cash-out. Note that in the vast majority of sites, this amount should not exceed your total PayPal deposits.
For example, if you deposited $250 using PayPal, you can withdraw up to $250 of your winnings via PayPal. The rest can be withdrawn using other available options. Whether this rule applies or not, make sure that you observe the minimum and maximum withdrawable amount set by the NJ casino. The minimum withdrawal amount is normally $10, while the maximum is around $3,000-$10,000 per withdrawal.
4) Wait for the sweet money to hit your PayPal wallet: If you’ve withdrawn from an online New Jersey casino before, you know that your withdrawals will not immediately reach the destination account for good reason. First, most online NJ casinos have a pending processing period of between 1 and 3 business days during which the status of the transaction reads “pending” and you can still revert the withdrawal to continue playing with the money. When this period elapses and you haven’t taken any action, the NJ casino will process the withdrawal.
Secondly, the New Jersey casino may ask you for a copy of your driver’s license, utility bills, and other forms of identification to verify your identity. This ordeal can last a few days, during which your withdrawal will remain pending. Finally, it may also include some processing time to clear through PayPal, which, fortunately, is typically instant.
How to Cash Out from PayPal
What happens when your NJ casino winnings reach your PayPal wallet? You can let it sit in your PayPal account, send it to friends, spend it on online shopping, or cash out using the following methods:
Debit Card: PayPal accepts cashouts via MasterCard and Visa debit cards. Make sure these cards are already linked to your PayPal Wallet. It’ll cost you $0.25 per withdrawal and takes just under 30 minutes to clear, making it the fastest method to make a withdrawal from PayPal.
Bank Transfer: If you have added a bank account to your profile, this would be the most convenient way to perform a withdrawal. Bank transfers usually clear in 1 business day or sooner and will cost you nothing.
PayPal Debit: PayPal offers a debit card with MasterCard so you can spend at any vendor or withdraw from any ATM whenever and wherever you are. The maximum amount you can withdraw per day is $400.
Check: That’s right; you can request a physical check from PayPal to be delivered via snail mail to your address. If you choose this method, be ready to part with a fee of $1.50 per check, and it will take around 1-2 weeks to arrive.
New Jersey PayPal Deposit Fees
The vast majority of gambling websites, especially those geared towards players in the US, Canada, Australia, the UK, and other EU countries, don’t impose fees on PayPal deposits or withdrawals.
However, you will be charged a fee of $0.25 for every transfer you make from your PayPal account to any debit or credit card linked to your e-wallet. If you elect to cash-out via a physical check, you will be charged a $1.50 fee. These fees have nothing to do with your PayPal transfers to and from online New Jersey casinos.
PayPal Deposits Speed
PayPal is the go-to deposit payment method for an increasing number of NJ casino players because of its reliability, trustworthiness, and convenience. Most importantly, PayPal deposits are typically processed instantly or should hit your online gambling wallet in a few minutes.
PayPal Safety and Security
PayPal puts the safety of its online customers first, and it’s visible in a raft of measures the company has put in place. The site’s data, communication, transactions, and other credentials are encrypted using the latest encryption technologies, including 256-bit TLS, SSL, HTTPS, and much more.
Other safety and security measures put in motion by PayPal include Fraud Protection, Account Protection, Buyer Protection, and quick resolution support. Let’s start with Account Protection, an industry-defining feature that provides coverage for vices like identity theft, unauthorized purchases, and more, so you won’t have to lose sleep about whether hackers or scammers will find their way into your PayPal account.
PayPal in and of itself gives you an added layer of protection when paying for stuff or transferring money online. Remember, PayPal makes it possible for you to make payments or deposits to online NJ casinos without actually revealing your sensitive information such as your bank account, credit card, or debit card. So, it may be your best shot at making anonymized online New Jersey casino deposits!
Another important aspect of PayPal as a company is that it never does business with anyone or any company with a bad reputation. If a given online New Jersey casino has a reputation for ripping off gamblers or delaying withdrawals, it won’t stay on its good book for long. Only the most trustworthy sites are able to receive PayPal deposits.
Which New Jersey Casinos Accept PayPal Deposits?
The following casinos and sportsbook accept PayPal: Borgata, BetMGM, PartyCasino, 888 Casino, William Hill, Caesars, SugarHouse Casino, Golden Nugget, Tropicana, Virgin Casino, 888 sportsbook, William Hill Sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, Borgata Online Sportsbook, Hard Rock Sportsbook, BetMGM Sportsbook, PointsBet Sportsbook, FoxBet Sportsbook, and FanDuel Sportsbook.
Pros of Depositing using PayPal
High-end Security: PayPal has put in place the same level of security and encryption technology you would find at a top-tier online banking institution. You can sleep easy knowing that your data and money are in safe hands.
Unmatched Reputation: With 200+ million active accounts all over the world, PayPal is unmistakably a trusted and well-established brand. No other payment processing option rivals the reputation of PayPal. You can take that to the bank!
Speed and Convenience: With PayPal, you can make your deposits using any mobile device, tablet, laptop, or computer. PayPal transfers to and from an online New Jersey casino are usually instant and free. That’s what we call affordable & snappy convenience!
Utmost Privacy: PayPal has a reputation for not only safety and security but also privacy protection. They don’t reveal your banking details and personal information every time you make a deposit. PayPal creates a useful barrier between you and online gambling sites with which you perform transactions, protecting your privacy so you can rest easy.
Cons of PayPal
- It may take a while for your bank account and credit/debit card details to be verified and made available for online transacting. Your PayPal account is limited during this verification time.
- Some NJ online casinos may take several days to verify PayPal deposits
- PayPal deposits are not fully available in many jurisdictions, especially in North America, Australia, and Germany.
Check out some other deposit methods available for online casinos in NJ: